Head lice are tiny, wingless insects about the size of a sesame seed. They have six legs with claws and they can attach themselves to hair. They can live on your head, feeding off blood under the scalp. Head lice eggs or nits are white, oval, pin-head sized eggs that attach to the hair and hatch six to ten days after being laid, making head lice infestation an ongoing problem.
Unfortunately, school can be a breeding ground for head lice. Though they cannot jump or fly, they can spread via head-to-head contact or the sharing of hats and brushes which have been in contact with an infestation.
So how do you deal with the pesky little creatures? Just follow the 5 steps below.
- Detect – Use a metal comb and combing conditioner to detect and remove head lice and their eggs.
- Treat – Moov has a range of clinically proven head lice treatments that can be used to both kill head lice and the eggs, effectively breaking their life cycle.
- Repeat – Repeat the process after 7 days to ensure that you are effectively breaking the cycle.
- Clean – Wash bed linen and clothes in warm water with soaking solution to get rid of lice from home.
- Prevention – If head lice are going around at school, but haven’t hit your home yet, use a defence spray for daily protection against head lice.
If your kids are currently facing a case of head lice, head into Greg’s and check out the range of Moov products available. Don’t be caught out by an invasion!